May 23, 2009

My Epic Return

Howdy Y'all!

I am back. Oh how it feels good to be back in the beautiful state of Texas and in the glorious sun of the Lone Star State. I was greeted with open arms and love, as well as spicy Tex-Mex and lots of smiles. I have missed this place so very much, it is hard to comprehend why ever did I leave.

The clarity I felt coming home on the plane was simply indescribable, though the feeling has quickly faded just as soon as it came to be in my mind. The flight from Brussels to Chicago was ok, I wish I would have been able to sleep. Waiting in Chicago was not very fun, though it was shorter than expected. I was very happy to board that plane and come home to Austin!!!

My departure was abrupt for some fellow exchange students in Louvain-la-Neuve, though I had been telling every one when I would be leaving, and not coming back! Just this week, I took a survey for the McCombs International Programs asking the usual evaluative questions to give a general idea to students considering studying at the University in Belgium. Honestly, I was brutal with my feedback. Hopefully I will be able to get in touch with students going to Belgium during future semesters to explain my judgment.

I am happy to return to the glory of The United States. I have missed Texas, Tex-Mex, real food, sleeping in a comfortable bed, the regular American life! I start my internship next Monday and I just moved into my new apartment this week. In my experience, subleasing friends' apartments always is better than some stranger!!! I have a final on Friday, sadly. It is simply nonsense to go take this final. Brian starts his internship in Houston next Monday as well. I wish we could have had more time to catch up or at least some sort of teleporter to connect Austin and Houston. I think we should be able to spend some time together this summer before he leaves for Europe next fall, even though we will not be in the same city.

It has been a long four months in Belgium, but I am elated to be back! Definitely worth the experience, I would have regretted not going, but I am sooo happy to be done with my study abroad. I want to thank everyone for their support and encouragement while I was abroad. It really has made all of the difference. Thank you for everything and everyone for your prayers and love!!!

With ♥,

Chole

No comments:

Post a Comment