Let the countdown begin to May 25th, 2009, at 8:10PM when I will make my return to the greatest place in the entire world, Texas. More simplistically, that is:
| 15 | days, or | ||
| 362 | hours, or | ||
| 21720 | minutes, or | ||
| 130,000 | seconds |
I only have 8 days, 10 hours, 12 minutes until I am finished with everything burdensome here, including finals. Oh the glory that day will bring.
This past week (and this upcoming week until next Tuesday, too) have been chalk full of presentations, research papers, a final, a course synopsis paper, studying for two more finals, group meetings and just two pretty hellacious weeks. I am sure most of you can relate to the end of the semester, if you think back far enough or perhaps you too, are gasping for breathe in the tight grasp it has on the university worlds right now. And yes, I am holding back from spiting the people who are finished and "free!!!" I will love them once I am finished, too. On a more social note, tonight was the Goodbye Dinner for all the exchange students. It was nice to see the people I have come to know this semester, but it felt staged. I came home not thinking about how sad I will be to leave, but rather how much I want to go home. I guess it is time.
But soon enough, I will be home and I will be happy to see everyone. To those in Arizona, August cannot come soon enough. I look forward to home-cooked Tex-Mex, a comfortable, non-styrofoam bed, love, and oh so much more. I apologize in advance if I am not the same when I return, it has been a very emotionally difficult semester. I promise, give me a some time and lots of love and hugs to bring me back to level.
With ♥,
Chole

No comments:
Post a Comment